Why not plan you own personalised wine tasting this Autumn and into the Festive season and utilise the expertise and individuality of your local wine shop and importer?
Organise your own wine tasting event at your local wine shop that imports all their own wines from the smaller producer.
Easy to organise: Book online, get a group of 8-16 together for your party or event for this Autumn and Christmas. Fun and informative tastings ( not too serious don’t worry!)
What’s tasting good?
- Autumnal wines, soft Austiran and Marche reds
- Kick off with a lovely Nutty Sparkling from Nutbourne ( next door to Nyetimber) and then a couple of Whites from Nutbourne ( Bacchus and Chardonnay). Finish with a soft alluring ” Organic Zweigelt” from Austria and a big Syrah from Mount Barker, W. Australia. In December the focus will be on festive wines for Christmas.
- 4-5 wines per tasting, 75ml measure and snacks for only £25.00
Its May 2018 and the summer has kicked in at last.
With this in mind over the next few weeks and months i shall be importing a whole array of summer madness wines!
- First of all, just in is the ” Wine of the Month” for May 2018, the lovely Organic Pinot Noir from Ricardelle de Lautrec. Mr Whirly says:” Its great to grab a wine of quality and excitement from a region that normally does not specialise in that varietal and in this case, with a Pinot Noir, made by a very small vineyard just north of Corbiere in the Languedoc, you get something really individual and exciting for your money. Fresh strawberry juice in the glass, really light and fresh wine juice. 13 % alc vol: £15.50 a bottle, available to buy online on the newly launched Whirly wine shop ( picture below)
- Rose wines next! Soon in are some delightful Rose and Sauvignon Blanc ( both 2017 vintage) from Molhiere in Cote de Duras, FROM THE BARREL in the Whirly wine shop by the 5th June 2018. So come in soon and fill up your wine bottle with great wine from a small producer in the Dordogne for only £8.50.
Continue reading New” Organic” wines imported Summer 2018….
” Vignerons Independants” OR Concours 2018
Just arrived from the Languedoc this unusual Organic Pinot Noir. I say unusual since this region is famous for big reds like Syrah, Mourvedre, Carignan. Pinot noir is normally grown a 200 miles north of here in Burgundy and this wine does a really good job of offering this King of varietals a place at the table at a sensible price yet with refinement and quality still intact. Very small vineyard and productions hence the award above at the 2018 wine contest for small vineyards.
Slightly richer than a Burgundy yet full of summer madness! Strawberry and raspberry dominate the nose and palate with some lovely fresh notes. This wine is sublime, a true wonder if you served it chilled and allow it to warm up an evolve. Well priced at £15.50 a bottle.